Wading the Flats

Wading the Flats

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Redfish on the Flats

Finally got to head out for some tailing redfish. With the tide and weather were just right, I was so excited that I left all of my flies in the car. No big deal...my plan was to go out and just look for fish. I am taking a friend out in a couple of days and just want to make sure I put him on something.

Well, the best laid plans can sometimes go awry. After seeing several really nice reds go cruising by, I couldn't take it anymore. An average size red came swimming by and I decided to give it a shot. He was starting to go away from me and I made the cast of my life. I dropped the fly right where it needed to be and on the first strip....BAM...he slammed it!

What I thought was an average redfish turned out to be a really nice one and he proceeded to make a strong run and break me off. There went my only fly and I spent the rest of the time executing the original plan which was finding fish and taking pictures. Here are a few of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment