Wading the Flats

Wading the Flats

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Gadsen Rod - Finished

It took me a lot longer that I usually spend on a rod. With changes in my day job and changes in the design of the rod, I didn't get this one out like I usually do.

Below are the parts for this rod. Here is the list:

Blank: Dan Craft Sig V 9' 5wt 4 piece
Guides: Fuji Titanium Sics
Reel Seat: Amboyna Burl with Gatti Nickel Silver Hardware
Grip: combination of regular and burnt cork with a twist.
Feathers: Grizzly Hackle for guide alignment
Inlays: Rattlesnake Skin
Threads: Green, Black, White for the guide wraps. Yellow to border the snakeskin.




I have spent some time casting this rod and I really like. It has a nice, light feel to it and like all Sig V's it has a great recovery. Even though this rod took awhile, it was a lot of fun to build. Doing the snakeskin and the black/white twist on the guides really sets this one apart from any other rod. I also think the Gadsen Flag theme really makes a nice looking rod. Now all we need to do is get some fish slime on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment