Wading the Flats

Wading the Flats

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jason's First Fly Rod Part 3

Here is the handle glued up and getting ready to be turned. This is a combination of regular, black burl and burnt cork.


Here is one of the first guides that I have had the chance to epoxy. You can see how the look changes once the epoxy is applied. I will try to get a picture of it in the sun as it looks a lot better.
I hope to have more guide pictures and the handle turned in the next few days.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. That fly rod is coming along nicely...did you guys see any flakes of snow down in the Charleston/Mt. Pleasant area today? Radar showed a few bands down your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see any but heard there were a few. Of course...it is damn cold but it is quite rare for us to even see the flakes. In fact, it has been at least 20 years since there was some real snow and ice.

    I will be on the D this weekend so I need you to bring in the warm air!!

    ReplyDelete