Wading the Flats

Wading the Flats

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wading the Flats 9-20-09

I got to get out with a friend of mine last Wednesday for an evening of flood tide fishing.

We had been talking about it for sometime as both of us love to fly fish. The day started rather slow and the sun was still high in the sky. The first flat didn't show any tails so we moved to the next spot where we were rewarded with waving tails. I shut the engine off about 50 yards away from the flat and pole up to it. The whole time you could see 4 or 5 fish working the air. I dropped my buddy off and moved the boat to where we would end up.

Both of us had our chances but the fish were not very cooperative. I haven't seen reds with lock jaw like this before. We had good presentations but the fish didn't seem interested. My friend had a fish take the fly but it proceeded to spit it right back out. Very strange as I have not seen to many reds do this. Oh well...I was able to get this one picture. The tides should be good in about a week and I plan on hitting the flats again.

No comments:

Post a Comment